In my basket this week:
- the last of the garlic scapes
- a french breakfast radish
- a few peas - I never grow enough peas. There are more coming, but I'd really like buckets full. These are telephone pole peas, and they're growing really well, I just need more rows.
- two kinds of kale (Lacinato and Red Russian) - I have an experiment I like to try with my kale. I'll let you know if it works!
- my first sprigs of arugula. (They work fantastically as a pizza topping.)
We've actually had a few days of sunshine this week, so everything is growing, growing, growing - including the weeds. I've been actively mulching with the grass clippings. They create a nice deep pile, and they spread easily around the plants.
I'm so excited to be sharing some photos with you from the garden haul flickr pool. I'm amazed by what you've been producing.
gorgeous calendula for infused oils from torynado
Thanks for your photos folks! It so nice to see what everyone is growing.
Remember, If you'd like to to join in the fun, add your picture to my flickr pool. I'll be posting everyone's haul every week here on the blog. Please add a description to the picture that includes what's in the picture. If you're growing any neat heirloom varieties, please include that information also. Finally, if you have a blog, make sure to share your address.
I look forward to sharing your photos, and learning about what you're growing! (please see my original post on this topic if you'd like more details.)